There's not many posts that I repost more than once, but this one rings true at this time of year for me every. Single. Year. So here it is. Again. Original here.
1) Immobilization: "I can't believe how many tests I have to grade. Why did I do essays? Am I a masochist? I can't wait a few days before dealing with those."
2) Denial: "Do I have a thick accent or speak in another language during class? The students don't seem to have understood anything I have said. Am I in the right country? Where am I?"
3) Anger: "Why are my students trying to kill me? We went over this concept for 20 minutes, had a lab on it, and 40% of the class gets the answer right?"
4) Bargaining: "Maybe if I grade a few, then reward myself with something, it won't be so bad. Three exams, then ice cream. Mmmm, ice cream."
5) Depression: "Why am I even doing this? Am I horrible teacher? Do they tune me out? And why did I eat so much ice cream?"
6) Testing: "Maybe if I curve juuuuust slightly, I'll avoid a riot."
7) Acceptance: "Whatever, it's one test. Where's the scotch?"