Stuffed pork loin and green beans #dinnerdare

Mar 14 2012 Published by under Uncategorized

I'll be honest, when I started this earlier, I had plans to grill it with yams and make a kick ass salad. Then life happened and it was in the oven with boiled green beans and Spanish rice from a box. But it was still delicious and I got to package up my daughter's portion for her breakfast tomorrow after she wouldn't try it in 20 minutes. Good times.

In any case, you'll need the following:

1 pork loin
4 oz of Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cp chopped sun dried tomato
1/2 cp arugula
2 large garlic cloves (Odyssey was right, it needed more garlic)

20120314-185124.jpg

Using a sharp knife "unroll" the pork loin so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.

20120314-185315.jpg

Chop the sun dried tomatoes, crumble the cheese and mince the garlic. Add pepper to taste.

20120314-185430.jpg

Mix and spread over the open pork loin.

20120314-185506.jpg

Add a layer of arugula over top.

20120314-185538.jpg

Roll the pork loin back up and place on a broiler pan. Baste with a 1:1 mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with dried basil.

20120314-185709.jpg

Bake at 350F until the center is ~160F (roughly 45 min, depending on size). Remove from oven and rest 5 min. Slice in 1 inch thick slices and serve with whatever else you managed to throw together while the kids freaked out.

20120314-185929.jpg

• Dr Becca says:

Sun-dried tomatoes? What is this, 1997?

Aside from that, looks awesome! I made an Alton Brown pork wellington recipe that was similar, except you wrap the stuffed loin in prosciutto, then wrap THAT in puff pastry. Maybe then the wee one would eat it?

WTF did a sun dried tomato ever do to you. Once they soak up all the cheesy and porky goodness, they are delicious. Plus they add color.

• DrugMonkey says:

Loin. Christ, wha is this, the loin-like blog?

DM, you have an unhealthy fear of the loin. I agreed yesterday that swordfish "loin" is odd, but pork loin is pretty common. Maybe you need to get in touch with your inner loin.

• Comrade PhysioProf says:

Dude, you slightly overcooked the fucken pork.

I know. I had a kid strapped to me for the end. whatayagonnado?

• drugmonkey says:

Don't you mean "girded", Prof-like?

• chezjake says:

Nice preparation, although Comrade PP is right on it being overcooked. Modern pork seldom needs cooking to more than 150 degrees internal temp, maybe even just 145.

Minor correction. That's a pork tenderloin. A whole boneless pork loin would weigh over 10 lbs.

I've found out the hard way that many guests get freaked out by pink in pork, and since this is a recipe for the interwebs, I used 160. I fin that to be a good point at which the pink is gone but the moisture is still there.

• DrugMonkey says:

boneless? "loins" have bones?

• The shitte's dried out. There's not a single drop of meat juice on the plate.

• [...] ProfLikeSubstance's Stuffed Pork Loin and Green Beans: Pork and gorgonzola. Sounds like a great combo. I'm suggesting two potential pairings. A German doppelbock - my favorite is Ayinger Celebrator. Dark, rich in malt, bready and slightly bitter, not from hops, but from the roasted malt. ANother possibility would be a Belgian tripel. Try Gouden Carolus Tripel, or for an American version, Anderson Valley Brother David's Tripel. Tripels tend to be malty-sweet with underlying fruitiness (apple, pear), plus some bread character. [...]