Painful budget cuts

Feb 03 2010 Published by under Uncategorized

• Genomic Repairman says:

You forgot the "Oww. Shit was a wood chip in the TP" stage before BYOTP.

• tideliar says:

I was well chuffed when I left the lab to go into Admin because I got moved to the Admin building. The top floor mensroom had the "executive" bog roll. And very nice it was too. Satin sheets for your arse.But then the budget cuts arrived, and now everywhere it's like being back in grade school again...

• Cath@VWXYNot? says:

HA!Ours is at the "grade less than 1 ply" stage too. But it hasn't sunk to the level of the shiny, waterproof stuff favoured by my primary and secondary schools, and halls of residence in undergrad. I've done a lot of BYOTP in my life.

• Alyssa says:

Fantastic - we're also at the "grade less than 1 ply". The positive side is it makes going to the bathroom at home a wonderful luxury!

• Zuska says:

Sooo...what are the poor grad students to do, who are used to balancing THEIR budgets by "borrowing" tp from uni bathrooms for home use? Maybe they can use dissertation pages from the libraries. Oh, that's right, we don't really have libraries anymore...

• Prof-like Substance says:

There's always the recycle bin in the copy room.

• Anonymous says:

There's always the Royal Navy ca. 1840 solution. A bucket full of cold seawater and the end of a frayed hemp rope. You get to share the hemp rope with 240 others.-antipodean

• mareserinitatis says:

Rather than recycling all those old journals since everything is going electronic, they ought to put them in the bathroom. Then it'll feel just like grand-opa's outhouse with last year's Sears catalog...'cept warmer.

• Prof-like Substance says:

The Fisher catalog would last at least a week.

• Schlupp says:

But once you BYOTP, there is little difference to home once again.