When defense isn't enough

Jun 07 2011 Published by under [Et Al]

Sometimes you gotta let the other guys know you're not gonna sit back and get pelted all night.

• Nat says:

Loved it! Go Bs!

• chall says:

you know, I wondered if they said something in swedish to eachother afterwards since Thomas played in the Swedish league for awhile.... I'm almost tempted to say something in the line of "easy to wack someone who isn't allowed to even touch you back" but that sounds so bitter... 😉

(I'm trying to avoid remembering exactly how I felt last night... abysmal comes to mind....)

Easy to bite someone who can't bite you back, or check someone late who isn't looking...

• The consensus at the (Vancouver) bar last night was as follows:

Thomas hitting Sedin was hilarious and awesome and goalies should do it more often.

Rome's hit on Horton was waaaay late, brutal, and idiotic, and he deserves to have the book thrown at him. Everyone stood up and applauded as Horton was taken off. I hope he makes a full recovery.

If your toddler told you that "I put my fingers in another kid's mouth, and he bit me!!!", what would your advice to her be? 🙂

Oh, Cath. Is that really your interpretation of the video footage, that the finger was voluntarily placed into Burrows' mouth? Really? Maybe you should watch the video again.

• Oh PLS, please are you really going to say that bergeron wasn't shoving his hand into burrows face? They were both being idiots. It wasn't an intentional bite.

You are officially an enemy.

• Bob O'H says:

Now we know why hockey isn't known as The Beautiful Game.

Since the increased penalty for dropping the gloves, the "facewash" has become an extremely common occurrence, happening in virtually every scrum that breaks out. BITING, however, has not been a common thing - probably because only a douchebag would even think about doing something like that.

Your logic that having someone's hand in your face necessitates biting is flawed beyond the pale.

• Bergon's fingers went into Burros mouth, as bergeron was giving Burrows a face wash. You stick your sweaty, disgusting glove in my mouth as you're giving me a face wash, you bet I'll chomp down. Learn face wash, if you're going to do it. Gosh you Bruin fans really are a bunch of babies. Its not like Burrows leaned over and chomped down.

• Nat says:

I can't believe there are all these apparently reasonable people defending Burrows.

What's next, cats and dogs are living together?

*weeps for humanity*