Senator Jon Kyl performs >90% of US abortions*

Apr 13 2011 Published by under [Politics]

I don't usually spend a lot of time on politics, but how can I ignore the Republicans taking their war on Planned Parenthood up a notch? Maybe you saw it on the Daily Show or Colbert Report last night or perhaps you caught the Twitter buzz... OR maybe you don't 'get' Twitter and you're in bed by 10:30 because you have a 3 year old who watches the clock in the morning from her bed until she can yell "THERE"S A 6 ON THE CLOOOOCK!" Hypothetically, of course.

Wherever you sit, it's worth checking out this video just to get a flavor of the utter bullshit the GOP is trying to push on teh sheeples.

Doing >90% of US abortions or 3%? I mean, what's the dif, right? Luckily, the explanation is simple - Jon Kyl's assertion as part of the congressional record "was not intended to be a factual statement". Now I'm not gonna sit here and argue that even half of what is said on the floor of congress is a cold hard fact, but ffs.

If you have a few minutes to spare, it's worth checking out the Twitter hashtag #notintendedtobeafactualstatement (no, you don't have to have a Twitter account, just follow the link). But for those of you, like me, who have not submitted their 140 character soul to a corporate entity, feel free to play along in the comments. Perhaps something like....

Senator Jon Kyl is Charlie Sheen's tiger blood dealer*.

Senator Jon Kyl writes all those "Nigeria Prince" emails*.

Senator Jon Kyl cares about the non-white, non-rich people he was elected to represent*.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

• Ink says:

"Senator Jon Kyl is Charlie Sheen's tiger blood dealer" = LMAO!

#winning

• jc says:

Senator Jon Kyl used my last tampon.

• Thank you! I'm linking to you!

• becca says:

"Doing >90% of US abortions or 3%?"
    Neither (the correct answer might be around 20%, if I had to guess).
    The question was "what % of the things that planned parenthood does are abortions?"
    Jon Kyl said >90%. Real answer is 3% by number of services and 15% by dollars of revenue.
    /pedantic facts

"Senator Jon Kyl routinely uses CIA resources to kidnap men on mass and injects his sperm into their penises, thus ensuring he is the father of >90% of all babies. This and his attack on planned parenthood are an attack to create an army of little Jon Kyls suitable for attacking oil-rich countries and removing double-parked cars from spots Jon Kyl wants to park in."*

• Senator John Kyl ate my Hamster*

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

• Senator John Kyl has had >90% of all abortions.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

• chall says:

I'm just getting angry about it all. The statement regarding "it's not facts I was just trying to make a point [on the floor while debating legislation!]" is on the top ten of "not the smartest things", alas I fear we'll see lots more barren or dead women (then again, maybe that's the point? it's not like they're going to get themselve in trouble again then, right *cynical bitter face*)

• Arlenna says:

Here's some congressional fact for ya:

• BikeMonkey says:

The Wyatt Cenac bit on the Daily Show was *the* key analysis. The GOP think it is ok to tell whatever lies they like, to the American people and on the floor of the Senate if it helps them get their selfish, twisted way on policy.

• Dr. O says:

Have you seen the Colbert bit on Kyl? Evidently Fox and Friends suggested the Planned Parenthood services, except for the abortions, were all available at Walgreen's - including pap smears:

• [...] because it's typical conservative Republican hand waving and spin, but hey, at least he's not blatantly lying on the floor of congress to advance his agenda, right? [...]