Lessons learned last night

Jan 06 2011 Published by under [Et Al]

1) Despite the fact that your child decides that she is "sick" every night on car ride home, the one time you decide to completely ignore her is the time she will fill your backseat with vomit.

2) My child needs to chew her food better.

3) Pillow pets soak up a decent amount of vomit.

4) The universe likes to fuck with me (although this is not a new revelation).

Four days left before the first of two deadlines and the stomach bug hits day care. I fear it is only a matter of time before I am walking down the street like this:

• Dr. O says:

LOLZ!! Sorry to laugh at your pain, but this was just too funny! I'm sure my comeuppance is near...

Oh, you have no idea. Just wait until Monkey gets to day care....

• Hermitage says:

I was an incredibly whiny child, and the day I was mostly quiet, but grumpy, was the day I passed out trying to follow my parental units across a 4-lane highway. Kids like to fuck with you that way.

• Jen says:

I'm sorry - it's easy to say "hang in there" when you're not the one hanging, but I'll say it anyway, and good luck with the submissions!

• gerty-z says:

It is hard not to laugh at your situation. I've been there, and it is not too funny at the time. I hope your days of car vomit pass quickly.

And yes, Dr. O: you will also learn this when Monkey lands in the germ incubators which are daycare.

ENJOY!!

• lylebot says:

Could it be motion sickness? If you always stopped in the past when she said she felt sick, you may have been giving nausea due to motion sickness a chance to subside enough to get her through the rest of the drive. If you ignore it the nausea just keeps building up. (I speak from my personal experience, not experience with young kids.)

No, she usually complains that her foot or finger is "sick", sometimes her mouth. It's usually when we're not talking to her and having our own conversation. We never stop the car, but we do often involve her in the conversation. This event was the result of a virus, as evidenced by the continuation of vomitation at habitation.

• Heavy says:

Which pillow pet is good for vomit? The ladybug is really good for urine.

ladybug > unicorn for vomit clean-up. This is something the company should be advertising.

• Cherish says:

I remember when my older one did that, right after eating a quesadilla. It was beyond nasty. I hope she's feeling better and no one else gets it.

I now have mixed feelings that my younger one has the ladybug pillowpet.

• Reyna says:

That purple unicorn pillow pet was popular with the pre-school set last month, huh? That was my daughter's gift of choice. Now I know it's useful for vomit absorbance.

Post-yogurt (or anything dairy) puke is the worst.

Good luck with the deadlines!

• CoR says:

Wait wait wait...did I write that? Must be a fast moving stomach bug -- hit us a few days ago...

I managed to get out without full-blown disease. Just queasiness for a bit.