Intra-office sub-desk napping

Apr 06 2010 Published by under Uncategorized

Yes or no? Discuss...

• Alyssa says:

I would, but the title is making my brain hurt. I think it's time for a nap...

• chall says:

sup-desk maybe? or whatever one would call the comfy position with folded arms and rest head on top of them.... 😉

• Dr Becca, PhD says:

Absolutely. Code name: The Costanza.

• tideliar says:

If you can shut the office door and you trust your custodial staff to have run the vacuum leaner over recently, then yes. Otherwise I am head on desk or feet on desk, "reading a paper" pose napper

• qaz says:

Don't you provide your graduate students with a couch? It helps encourage that 24/7 lifestyle. 🙂

• Cath@VWXYNot? says:

Only if your door locks. I don't even have a door, so all naps are out.

• Observant Academic says:

My supervisor tends to randomly walk into my office, so no naps for me...

• Micro Dr. O says:

Agreed with tideliar: in a vacuumed, carpeted office, I say go for it. I myself won't get anywhere near the hard grimy floor below my lab-located desk; seems keeping the lab floors clean went out the door with the economy.

• TransPhD says:

I bought a cot for my office for this purpose.

• Prof-like Substance says:

I can't do the nap on the desk thing because I'm too tall and have shitty circulation so I wake up with my legs asleep. I've fallen asleep on a train like this only to wake up at my stop and try to run to get off the train before realizing I can't feel my legs and that's why I am lying on the train floor. I do have carpet and the privilege of a door, so it looks a bit inviting. Unfortunately, two meetings came up in the time I was considering the nap, so I got to practice napping with my eyes open instead.

• Genomic Repairman says:

I tuck a sleeping bag underneath my desk for those carpeted power naps.

• Professor in Training says:

Silly, silly question. Of course the answer is a resounding YES! Make sure you lock the door. Nothing more embarrassing that having the chair or dean see you drooling on the carpet.

• Anonymous says:

Become a sleep researcher. Powernap and generate data at the same time.-antipodean