NFL week 5: tiebreaker addition

Oct 13 2009 Published by under Uncategorized

For the second straight week, Candid Engineer has swiped a victory by winning the tie breaker, this time besting myself and Chall for the week win with 8 points. CE becomes the first person to win two weeks and did so in back-to-back fashion. This week the trophy stays put.

The leader board has not been shaken, but certainly stirred. PiT's system is showing some cracks with only 5 wins this week, but she remains in second place trailing me by only one point. In a possibly related development, last week I received an unmarked package filled with plastic farm animals making obscene gestures.

Only 4 points separates the top 8 players. Is this the week that there's a change at the top?

• Professor in Training says:

I wasn't paying attention last week as I was busy with work and stuff. This week I plan to kick some major ass.Oh, and I want my Farm Animals back.

• Alyssa says:

I totally stunk up the joint this week - who knew that Jacksonville would have been shut out after their performance the week before? By SEATTLE. And that Buffalo/Cleveland game was...something else 😛 LOL

• Odyssey says:

My picks SUCKED.

• Nat Blair says:

Gah, something about this week's picks was brutal.Nice to see I'm still right in the middle of the pack, as usual.

• tideliar says:

Gah. I totally forgot again. However, after watching most of the games it would have made no difference because it was another utterly random week in the NFL.

• chall says:

hm, in my world I was second though 😉 (in comparison to being average point holder in the over all summary and on 9th place.Congrats CE!!!(and if this holds I have a chance... in the long run... I just need to kepp at it with 8/9 points when others crash with 5... like that's a good strategy 😉 )

• Candid Engineer says:

I didn't think I had a chance since 4 of us were tied going into Monday night's game and then I lost my pick that night. But I guess, so did the rest. It was a bit of a brutal week out there.