Last Call!

Sep 09 2009 Published by under Uncategorized

The NFl season starts tomorrow and I, for one, am giddy. It's the bright spot that tempers the start of the fall semester. But, standing on the precipice of the new season means it's the last opportunity to get involved with the Blogger Pick'em Pool. Currently there are 11 participants ready to battle it out:

Myself
Nat Blair
Damn Good Technician
Candid Engineer
Odyssey
Genomic Repairman
Tideliar
Chall
Professor in Training
Ambivalent Academic
Mad Hatter

If you think this is a group that knows jack squat about football and deserves a sound beating by your brilliance, here's your chance. Email me and I will send you the league info.

• Professor in Training says:

That's my competition? I'm sooooo going to win this thing. Now about this "football" thingy ... that's with a round ball that you can't touch with your hands, right?

• Odyssey says:

No, no, PiT, it's the oblong ball that the two teams of 18 kick up and down the field. You know, that game with the two old men in lab coats and funny hats signaling goals and points with little white flags.

• Ink says:

I'm decorating my cheer costume. It has a beaker on the front of it.

• Prof-like Substance says:

I have a good feeling about my odds here. If you guys start asking me who is playing the All Blacks or Manchester United I'm just going to take my trophy now. Looking forward to cheers and herkies, Ink.

• Nat Blair says:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAbandon all hope ye who enter here!

• PUI prof says:

Only gin-u-wine Stillers fans know how to pronounce it correctly. I sit confident and don't need to compete... have fun, anyway

• Professor in Training says:

Odyssey: so is it the game where the players wear little hot pants but no protective gear or the one where they wear tights and a bunch of sissy helmets and gear? Hey, I don't see Arsenal on the list of teams. Do they have the first week off?

• Thomas Joseph says:

I'll join up right after work (blocked from work). Get ready to get pummeled.

• chall says:

I am so looking forward to this!! 🙂

• tideliar says:

MOTHERFUCKING SONS OF FUCKING BITCHES...!!!OVERTIME?! MOTHERFUCKING OVERTIME? IN THE FIRST GODAMNED FUCKING GAME OF THE YEAR! AT HOME?!?!ARE THEY TRYING TO FUCKING KILL ME? MY LIVER?! anyway, Steelers, FTW>

• Prof-like Substance says:

Can't like the way their running game couldn't get anything going.

• Thomas Joseph says:

I like how all of you picked the Jags to cover ... oh wait, none of you did. EXCEPT ME! Ha ha ha! Suckas!