Because everyone else is doing it, that's why.

Feb 25 2009 Published by under Uncategorized

Couldn't resist changing the format of the blog a bit. Not sold on the color combination, but I like the fact that it is much wider now. New office, new look to the blog. What can I say? If DamnGoodTechnician and drdrA can do it, why can't I? The only thing I can't seem to do is change the header text color independently of the body text, but I'll live with it.

• Eugenie says:

Blogger gives you the option to upload your own header as a .jpeg or .gif so you can just link to the whole shebang. (I did that with mine)Black and white is a little harsh on the eyes...

• PhysioProf says:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!Light text on a dark background is a fucking abomination to read. It goes against the constraints of human visual system physiology. For fuck's sake, don't do this!

• DamnGoodTechnician says:

Yeah, I liked this template for the wider main section, but I'm not 100% sure I like the sidebar. Meh. It's a question of diminishing returns - sure, it could be 3x better if I spent 30x more time on it, but I'm satisfied with 1.5x better for 15x time. Also, not a fan of the white-txt-on-black-background.. ouch!

• Professor in Training says:

Dude - it's killing my eyes!!ELEVENTY!!111!!!

• drdrA says:

Hey that's a nice header photo. FYI, I'm not done yet- I'm not yet settled on my new format- so change may yet be in the wind...

• Prof-like Substance says:

Hahahaha, I could hear the screams from here. That was SO worth it. Anyway, hopefully this background works a little better.

• Prof-like Substance says:

The header photo is from a trip I took to the Canadian High Arctic a few years ago. I've always liked it.

• Prof-like Substance says:

Shit, now the header looks like garbage but I don't have time to mess with it much more today. Well, a work in progress.

• ScientistMother says:

I like the pic, very nice!

• Prof-like Substance says:

Anyone know how to center the header? I played with the #header {position: } field, but can't seem to move much.